Manchester is the capital of the north west of England and home to a multi-cultural population of over 400,000 people. There will be plenty to see and do around Manchester during the Games, the following section will make sure you have all the essential information at your fingertips to fully enjoy your stay.
In an emergency dial 999. You will be transferred to police, ambulance or fire service. The fire service can be reached directly by dialling 112. These calls are free but should only be used in an emergency. If you are at a Commonwealth Games venue, contact any member of staff for emergency assistance.
Non-urgent enquiries call: 0161 872 5050.
For crime prevention and safety advice visit the Greater Manchester Police website at: www.gmp.police.uk/commonwealth
The following hospitals have Accident & Emergency facilities:
- Manchester Royal Infirmary, Oxford Road, Manchester. Tel: 0161 276 1234
- Royal Bolton Hospital, Minerva Road, Farnworth, Bolton. Tel: 01204 390390
- Hope Hospital, Eccles Old Road, Salford. Tel: 0161 789 7373
- Wythenshawe Hospital, Southmoor Road, Manchester. Tel: 0161 998 7070
- Trafford General Hospital, Moorside Road, Manchester. Tel: 0161 748 4022