Code of Ethics for the XVII Commonwealth Games
Manchester Commonwealth Games Ltd is the organising
committee of the XVII Commonwealth Games. Manchester 2002 is the trading
subsidiary of the Manchester Commonwealth Games Ltd and has responsibility
for the planning and delivery of the Games.
As a commercial organisation, the key objective
is to ensure the viability and success of the XVII Games. However, this
will be undertaken with regard to the principles and values contained
in the Code of Ethics, as set out in this document.
Code of Ethics
M2002 Ltds corporate behaviour will reflect
the importance which it attaches to social justice, environmental responsibility
and equity of access to economic opportunity and quality of life. M2002
- Comply with the spirit and intent of all EU and
UK laws and regulations.
- Adopt high standards in relation to employment
and community relations with an emphasis on equal opportunities.
- Minimise the impact of the XVII Commonwealth Games
upon the environment, through energy and resource management.
- Create inclusive practices and systems, which encourage
the participation of the wider community in the XVII Commonwealth Games
and its volunteer programme.
Application of the Code of Ethics
M2002 will expect its partners to support the Code
- Complying with all relevant local and national
laws and regulations.
- Endeavouring to minimise their impact upon the
- Providing equal treatment and opportunity in all
employment practices, without discrimination.