|Belle Vue Regional Hockey Centre
|The nominated venue for the hockey is Belle Vue Leisure Centre. Located within 15 minutes travel time of the Games Village and less than five minutes from Sportcity the centre has undergone a £3 million Sport England-funded redevelopment that includes:
- Two water based hockey pitches
- An indoor sports hall with eight international standard badminton courts
- Comprehensive health and fitness facilities
- A cricket academy
- A multi-media conference centre
As part of the new English Institute of Sport network linked to the Manchester Aquatics Centre and Sportcity, the venue will be a Regional Performance Centre for both hockey and badminton after the Commonwealth Games.
Detailed public information
The Belle Vue Regional Hockey Centre
Pink Bank Lane
Manchester M12 5GL
Travelling here from Manchester city centre:
Buses: 201, 203, 204
Travelling from here to Manchester city centre:
Buses: 201, 203, 204
Buses to and from the city centre stop on Hyde Road.
Catering outlet payment methods
Merchandise outlet payment methods
Cash, Mastercard, Visa, most debit cards such as Switch or Delta, personal cheques with guarantee card. Programme sales are cash only
For morning and afternoon sessions gates open one hour prior to the session beginning.
Food and drink are available at Belle Vue
The hockey pitch is a water-based surface. In keeping with regulations, water jets are in operation and pitches will be watered during the sessions. Please bring waterproof clothing or similar in case spray is carried to seating areas.
As this is an outdoor venue, bring weather protections (sunscreen, raincoat etc).
General venue rules
- No glass bottles or cans may be brought into the venue
- No alcoholic beverages may be brought into the venue although they may be purchased from the bar within the venue
- Smoking in restricted areas only
Children under the age of two will be admitted free provided they do not occupy a seat
- Plan to arrive an hour before the start of each session
Services for disabled spectators
Tickets for disabled spectators may be purchased by telephoning 0870 162 2002 or visiting the website ticketing section
- Wheelchair spaces (each available with one accompanying companion seat) are priced in the lowest price band
- Guide dogs are permitted in all areas with patrons
- Enter via main entrance
- There are accessible toilets