|The venue for badminton at the Games, the superb new Bolton Arena simply has it all! Situated next to the equally impressive Reebok Stadium, home of Bolton Wanderers Football Club, the facilities are magnificent.
The building itself uses glass to give natural daylight and provide panoramic views over rolling moorland. It is an inspirational concept that should encourage competitors to give their very best.
Eventually, the Arena will become the headquarters of the Lawn Tennis Association North West and be capable of staging Davis Cup matches in front of 6,000 spectators.
Funding for this exciting and imaginative development is largely due to a massive injection of nearly £12m from the Sport England Lottery Sports Fund.
Whilst the venues surrounding the City of Manchester Stadium help make up Sportcity, the Bolton Arena can lay claim to realising the dream of a sports village second to none.
Detailed public information
Bolton BL6 6LB
Nearest railway station:
Horwich Parkway (approximately 50 metres from venue on the Manchester - Preston line. Embark at Manchester Piccadilly, Oxford Road or Deansgate). Daytime two trains per hour, evening hourly
Catering outlet payment methods
Standard venue hours for every Commonwealth Games venue are to open 60 minutes before each session and close 30 minutes after the session
Food and drink are available from concessions. A bar is available
Affordable parking is available at the nearby Reebok Stadium.
On event days the Rivington Park and Ride will operate from the Reebok Stadium and Horwich Parkway train station on event days.
General venue rules
- No glass bottles or cans may be brought into the venue
- No alcoholic beverages may be brought into the venue although they may be purchased from the bar within the venue
- Smoking is permitted only in designated areas
- Children under the age of two will be admitted free provided they do not occupy a seat
- Flash photography is not permitted during badminton sessions
- Plan to arrive an hour before a session begins
Services for disabled spectators
Tickets for disabled spectators may be purchased by telephoning 0870 162 2002 or visiting the website ticketing section
- Wheelchair spaces (each available with one accompanying companion seat) are priced in the lowest price band
- Guide dogs are permitted in all areas
- Disabled patrons may enter through the main entrance to the venue
- There are no steps to climb before entering the venue
- There are no steps to climb after entering the venue
- There are accessible toilets